- Pioneer National Latex balloons are made from 100% natural latex. Our latex balloons are biodegradable, and decompose as fast as an oak leaf in your backyard!
- Latex balloons come from rubber trees. Latex is collected by cutting the tree’s bark, then catching the latex in a cup. Latex harvesting doesn’t hurt the tree!
- Latex balloons are Earth-friendly! Rubber trees grow in equatorial regions of the world. Latex harvesting discourages deforestation because latex-producing trees are left intact. A tree can produce latex for an average of 35 years! The tree is then cut down and the lumber is used in making furniture.
- Balloons were invented in 1824, the same year as the electromagnet.
- Helium-filled balloons float because helium is lighter than nitrogen and oxygen, the two components of air.
|Balloon Type||Inflated Diameter||Lift Ability||Gas
Time w/ Helium
|* Ave. #
|5" Funsational||5" (13cm)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|7" Funsatonal||7" (18cm)||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|9" Funsational||9" (23cm)||0.16 oz. (4 g)||0.25 cu ft (.007m3)||8-10 hours||900|
|12" Funsational||12" (30.48cm)||0.33 oz. (6 g)||0.46 cu ft (.007m3)||12-16 hours||484|
|Qualatex License 12"||12" (30.48cm)||0.35 oz. (10g)||0.5 cu ft (.015m3)||18-24 hours||484|
*per 242 c. ft. Helium Tank